Thread: installed ubuntu via wubi. selected 5gb as size. anyway can put it to 20gb?

Beans

Question installed ubuntu via wubi. selected 5gb as size. anyway can put it to 20gb?

I have a lovely iMac 27" in which I also installed windows xp professional for my windows only programs and games. I also installed ubuntu 10.10 by using the wubi installer in xp and all has worked out well until I was told I was low on disk space where as I only have used something like 4/5 gb.
    I think I know what I have done wrong here, I selected for the installation size to be 5gb as I thought that was as meaning the amount of space that ubuntu can use up when it installs the system files.
    I have now realised that that must be the size that ubuntu thinks the disk is.
    Is there anyway that I can make it to something like 20gb without reinstall or do I need to reinstall ubuntu and correct my silly mistake that way?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: installed ubuntu via wubi. selected 5gb as size. anyway can put it to 20gb?

I don't think you can just increase WUBI's size.

I must warn you that WUBI is great for experimenting with Ubuntu, but it is not good for long-term use. WUBI can be unreliable, especially when upgrading.

I would suggest that you uninstall WUBI (obviously, back up any Ubuntu data first!).

Then install Ubuntu (not WUBI) onto your system. It is fairly easy to change the partition sizes after you have installed, should you have this problem again. Please... back up all your data before doing this, as there is a (small) chance of data loss when installing a new operating system.

You should then have a triple-boot: Mac, Windows and Ubuntu.

If you have any difficulty installing Ubuntu onto a Mac machine, check the forums, and if you don't find your answer, start a new thread.
    Always make regular backups of your data (and test them).
    Visit Full Circle Magazine for beginners and seasoned Linux enthusiasts.

Beans

Ok, I will do that

Beans

Please download a free Windows virtualizer for your Mac like virtualbox. It's not worth disgracing a Macintosh (holy noises) with Micro$uck *******. Also, follow the advice of the post above me (er, Paddy Lambau) for the WUBI part.