Thread: tremulous troubles

Beans

tremulous troubles

I've tried installing from synaptic and dowloading the linux self installer and both get passed the splash screen of the developer and to the main page the mouse pointer is stuck in the left upper corner and the game freezes. I can't exit and have to control-alt-backspace to get out of it. Whats the trick...?
    AMD 64 3000+, 2G RAM, ASUS K8N , XFX GS7800, Linux Mint 9 , WinXP(dual boot/seperate HD)

Stalker's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving how much the United States sucks approaches one.

Beans

Re: tremulous troubles

rebooted trying to clear the game locking up, and clicked right back in and its not repeatable at a certain part of the game. I've been able to get to various parts of the game but at some point the game hangs. darn.
    AMD 64 3000+, 2G RAM, ASUS K8N , XFX GS7800, Linux Mint 9 , WinXP(dual boot/seperate HD)

Stalker's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving how much the United States sucks approaches one.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I had a similar issue with tremulous sometimes when i would load up all the servers to join it would freeze but if i waited a couple seconds it would unfreeze.. I would suggest uninstalling it and reinstalling.. perhaps do terminal install the command line is much better than any GUI so boot up terminal in applications>accessories>terminal and after you uninstall tremulous (sudo apt-get remove tremulous) reinstall it (sudo apt-get install tremulous) hope the game eventually works for you.. its very fun

Beans

thanks for the reply, I did just that several times, with no luck. Spent a little time on the Tremulous Forums, and decided to wait for another release.