Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bluetooth scans endlessly, won't connect to anything, 22.04

Beans

Re: Bluetooth scans endlessly, won't connect to anything, 22.04

My greatest fear is that it could be not my device, but some physical damage to the computer. My device was a gift that came in very official-looking packaging with documentation, registraton options, etc., so I assume it is authentic.

I will attempt the other fora.

I do not have a Windows dual boot option, though I have Wine. That might be enough, although when I search for the Bose Connect app, I find <https://www.bose.com/apps/bose-connect>, which runs on phones and tablets, and so on, not laptops, and my device (QuietComfort 700) is not listed among the devices it helps with.

On my next reboot, I will attempt to use an older kernel, and report back.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

If you have an earlier liveUSB lying around (with older kernel) you could try that in "Try Ubuntu" session (not reinstalling Ubuntu). But of course you will need to install blueman etc. into LiveUSB as in earlier discussions. And also it will not be persistent so it is one time test. This might give you some clue separate from normal desktop.
    Last edited by dragonfly41; November 29th, 2023 at 04:50 PM.

Beans

To troubleshoot, I've in the past held down a button at startup and been given a list of kernels of various vintages to boot with, so I'd hoped I could do this here as well; is that not what you meant, or adequate for the purposes of testing Bluetooth connectivity?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yes. Either way just to answer your question .. what has changed since they last worked?
    The only thought of change might be an updated kernel since they last worked. So yes. Try a vintage around the date they last worked was the general idea. That would be better than LiveUSB since you can choose at boot.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

This seems relevant.

https://www.bose.co.uk/en_gb/support...i/article.html

Are you sure the phones are fully charged? Perhaps they are not retaining charge? Tips in above link.

Beans

https://knowledgebase.frame.work/ubu...tooth-S1PGxfho
    I couldn't connect my headphones but then followed this algorithm successfully

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

My Logitech keyboard and mouse are very tetchy.
    They have previously worked but not today so I use wired keyboard/mouse until I can fathom what is wrong. My MX keyboard keeps flashing on device [1] and I don't know how to reset the darned thing to steady state. It is seen in Bluetooth Manager. I will try the suggested workflow but how do I restore the flashing keyboard light to steady before starting? Switching keyboard on/off has no impact. Keyboard usage is a mystery.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12