Thread: Dual boot with Windows 10 is very slow for both Ubuntu and Windows on UEFI device

Beans

Angry Dual boot with Windows 10 is very slow for both Ubuntu and Windows on UEFI device

I have 500GB, 16GB ram, I7 Windows 10 computer, recently I decided to dual boot with Ubuntu 2022. Both are loading from EFI partition. However, after calling any os from the grub, the boot is so slow, Ubuntu(6 mins), Win10(9 mins). I changed the EFI partition to be the first on the hard disk layout. However, it's still too slow. Attached are snapshots for gparted and df -h commands.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Dual boot with Windows 10 is very slow for both Ubuntu and Windows on UEFI device

That is ridiculous.
    Code:
    mafoelffen@msi-ubuntu:~$ systemd-analyze
    Startup finished in 27.926s (firmware) + 11.165s (loader) + 9.069s (kernel) + 45.785s (userspace) = 1min 33.946s 
    graphical.target reached after 45.616s in userspace
    Have you checked the SMART error logs on your drives to look at the health, and check for any errors.

Have you done chkdsk on the ntfs volumes and fsck on the ext4 volumes? Have you done defrag on your nfts volumes?

Then do this, and post the results within CODE Tags
    Code:
    systemd-analyze critical-chain --no-pager

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags